This post may contain affiliate links meaning I may earn a commission when you purchase a product through my links, at no additional cost to you. All of the products I highlight are recommended for their quality,performance and overall reputation regardless of any affiliate relationship.
Are you tired of living a mundane life? Do you wish to make your life more meaningful and intentional? Are you looking for tips on how to create and live a meaningful life that isn’t tied to your material possession? These post is the best thing that you will read today so stick around to the end.
Its a painful reality that we all end up in the same place at the end,just a pile of dust. Imagine reaching your last day realizing that you never inspired anyone else by the example that you set and the brilliant song that your life was meant to sing still silent within you. You reach your last day and discover you could have been the best and left this world so much better than you found it but you refused to accept that mission because you were just too scared,you failed and wasted your life.
The society today attributes success to possession of material things and level of popularity of a person. But is this really true? How many famous and rich individuals end up committing suicide every year? The truth is all of them posses the definition of success but lack a meaningful life.
Everyone deserves a life that they will be excited to wake up to and live. True success is living a meaningful life whatever your situation is.
In this post, I will highlight 6 things you can do to live a meaningful life.
Here are a few posts you might want to read,too:
- How to create a self care routine that actually sticks.
- 13 night time self care ideas to do before bed.
- How to love yourself no matter what.
Let’s dive right in!
How to live a meaningful life
Accept, love and value yourself.
In the process of seeking happiness externally ,we mess up ourselves and those around us yet true happiness is found within. You cannot love someone you don’t know. Similarly, you can’t love yourself if you don’t know who you are.Human beings crave for three things;To be fully known,loved and accepted.
Loving yourself means recognizing your worth and living your life as authentically as you can.Self love only comes after self awareness and self realization. Take time to know who you are, accept and love yourself. God already loves you just the way you are but it is until you love yourself that you get the power to be all that He wants you to be. It all starts from within.
You can practice self love in the following ways in order to have a meaningful life:
- Take perfectionism out of your life. Most people have hard time accepting anything less than perfect in their lives. What you can do is quit focusing on the end goal of what you want to be an turn your attention to the actions that you can take to get there soon enough.
- Get rid of negative beliefs about yourself by reading the book Beyond The Power of the Subconscious Mind by C. James Jensen.
- Never call yourself names. Calling yourself hurtful names reduces you from being a human to a single element. You are so much more than that.
- Do not assume that the worst can happen. Not everything goes as planned but that doesn’t mean that you should solely focus on what could go wrong. Believe in yourself enough to know that the best can happen to you.
- List your positive attributes and reflect on them daily.
These are not all the things that you can do to practice self love. In fact, there is so much you can do. to get more details on how you can practice self love and accept yourself, I recommend you to read Love yourself like your Life Depends on it by Kamal Ravikant .Click here to see it.
Gratitude goes a long way. Thank God for everything. Be thankful for the people present and absent from your life because sometimes people’s absence makes you a better person. Have gratitude for the good days that give happiness, bad days that give experience,worst days that give lessons, and best days that give memories.
Gratitude creates an aura of positive feelings dwindling the pity party that we often create when life is not working out as we desire. It creates peace and happiness, making you a more desirable person to be around. The benefits of practicing gratitude are endless. Taking the time to be thankful for the experiences that you have in your life helps you to have more positive emotions,sleep better, fell more alive,express more compassion and kindness.
Here are a few things you can do to start practicing gratitude and maintain it for the long haul:
- Notice new things that you are grateful for.
- Recognize and plan for the obstacles that might come in the way of you practicing gratitude. For example, if you are too tired in the evening and cannot find the time to practice gratitude, look for a more suitable time when you wouldn’t be very tired.
- Think of other people as you build your gratitude. Being thankful for the people you have in your life and the experiences that you have shared together makes your gratitude more meaningful.
What a better way to have a meaningful life than to be thankful for goodness in your life. I recommend that you read the book Thanks! by Robert A. Emmons in order to know how practicing gratitude will make you happier and live a meaningful life. Click here to see it!
The most powerful decision you can make is to forgive everyone who has hurt you in any way. Only by freeing the other person ,in your mind,by forgiving him or her can you be free yourself. Just imagine how you would feel if you had no anger towards anyone at in the world. Imagine being a warm,friendly, loving person filled with serenity. Yeah, you can have it too.
Often, we carry around guilt because we don’t forgive ourselves. We are so quick to utter hurtful words towards ourselves yet we can’t do that to someone’s face. You make mistakes and you will never be perfect. But that doesn’t mean that you have to batter yourself. Forgive yourself too. You need it.
Take calculated risks
What will you do if you weren’t afraid? Imagine reaching your last day full of pain at the realization that you never took any bold risks and so you never experienced any bold rewards. The more you risk the more you reduce your fear of failure.
But its not any risk that is worth taking. It needs systematic planning and evaluation. Don’t just start a business because you are taking a risk. That’s stupidity. Only take risks that the reward surpasses the risk itself. Yes, its good to start something but do your homework first.Not everything is worth risking for. Even people.
Wake up early
There will be plenty of time to sleep once you are dead. Getting up early is one of the intelligent daily practices that people with meaningful lives perform with acute consistency. Your bed is a comfortable place but nothing good ever grows there. Get up,read that book you always procrastinate to read,call that person you always tell you are busy,do that morning run you ought to do or learn that language you want to know. Just do something meaningful and make a difference.
What waking up early will do for you?
You might think that waking up early will leave you feeling tired because you have denied yourself a few hours of sleep. However, this is not the case. As long as you have slept the required hours, you will not feel tired at all. In fact you will:
- Begin your day energized and excited which allows you to realize your capability.
- Arm you with gears to conquer any challenges.
- Allow you to quit settling and attain what you truly deserve.
- Aid you to realize your purpose and start living it.
- Equip you with tools to help you start earning more.
- Help you shift your mentality from worry to gratitude.
- Allows you to be more constructive and alert.
- Help you increase your mental and physical health.
- Allows you to reduce your stress levels.
You can and will experience all these if you only allow yourself to begin your day right. Anything is achievable as long as you put in enough effort to allow you achieve the desired outcome.
Your bed is a comfortable place but nothing good ever grows from it. Besides, you will have plenty of time to sleep once you are dead. I have written a detailed post of how you can wake up early without an alarm.The points will get you waking up by yourself in no time. Click here to read it.
Care and support others.
Your legacy is the number of lives you touch. Our real strength is in caring and supporting others. If you want to be happy go help others. Put a smile on that street child, feed the homeless, sympathize with everyone and just help.
Prisoners are human beings too. There so many kids in this world who need acceptance. Give it to them. Being happy for someone’s else’s success makes you happier. Go try it and stop being so salty. It brings so much fulfillment and happiness to life. It gives meaning.When you die, what will we remember you for. The wealth you will have created wouldn’t make much of a difference in when you are six feet underground. All that matters is how you made people feel. Be the voice for the hopeless. Prove that this world still has some good in it.
The best gift that you can give to anyone is your time because people make time for what is important to them.
Should you create a morning routine in your life? Maybe you struggle with making an effective morning routine because :
- Your life is busy and finding the time to follow a morning routine seems impossible.
- As a woman,you’re used to caring for others and making time for yourself causes you to feel guilty.
- Spending time in your morning routine for yourself doesn’t feel indulging.
- You don’t know what morning routine activities to do and how often to do them,
If you can relate to any of these morning routine struggles, I have the perfect solution for you and I am giving it for FREE! Click below and get your morning routine planner.